Potency problems in 40 years are found in many men, but in most cases they are all easy to correct. To quickly deal with this problem, it is necessary to consult an andrologist urologist. Taking pills alone to increase potency is not the best way out, as you can make the wrong choice and aggravate the problem. From this article on our website, you will learn what to do if you have problems with potency.
What should be the power of a man at 40
At this age, a healthy man can maintain full sexuality. But all men lead a healthy lifestyle. Therefore, at the age of 40, some of them maintain normal sexuality and even try to remember their youth with young partners. The other part reduced sexual activity due to emerging diseases and an unhealthy lifestyle.
The concept of norm for each man is individual, but on average a healthy 40-year-old man needs 2-3 sexual contacts per week. Recent studies have found that over 80% of potency disorders are associated with various diseases. Many of them are hidden, but they are reflected in the sexual life. Increasingly, such diseases are detected during examination by a sexologist or urologist andrologist for weak potency.
At the age of 40, physiological aging processes are just starting to manifest themselves and a healthy man practically does not feel them, his interest in sex may even increase. The content of the male sex hormone testosterone in the blood is slightly reduced, so the man "doesn't start with half a turn", he needs more time and stimulation.
Morning and night spontaneous erections occur much less frequently, an erection develops more slowly, but is full enough and sufficient for intercourse. The experience compensates for and smoothes out small physiological changes and does not affect the relationship with the partner in any way.
The reasons for the deterioration of potency after 40 years
All potency problems at the age of 40 are caused by psychogenic causes or organic diseases. At the same time, the share of psychogenic factors (frequent or prolonged stress, neurosis, depression) does not exceed 20%, while obviously or latent organic diseases cause weak potency in the remaining 80% of cases. If a man does not have an understanding partner, organic reasons combine with psychogenic ones and significantly aggravate them.
The main "culprits" of impotence are diseases associated with disorders of the cardiovascular system.
This is atherosclerosis and ischemic heart disease associated with attacks of angina pectoris and atherosclerosis of the arteries of the lower extremities, arterial hypertension (constantly high blood pressure - PA). Violation of blood circulation leads to the fact that with sexual arousal, blood cannot quickly flow into the arteries of the small pelvis and arteries of the penis, therefore, as a result, problems arise with the development of an erection. To restore it, it is necessary to maintain a normal circulatory system.
No less often, problems with potency occur in type 2 (non-insulin dependent) diabetes mellitus. With this disease, there is a change in the walls of small arteries, a violation of their patency and innervation, which leads to erectile dysfunction. Also, with diabetes mellitus, sexual desire (libido) often decreases in men due to a decrease in testosterone secretion.
Research conducted in recent years has shown that the appearance of weak potency is also caused by some drugs used in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases. A negative effect on potency is mainly exerted by drugs to lower blood pressure. They can easily be replaced with other drugs that don't have these side effects. Thus, drugs from the group of angiotensin II receptor antagonists (losartan) do not cause erectile dysfunction or even support it. Taking antidepressants and tranquilizers (anti-anxiety drugs) also negatively affect potency.
At the age of 40, some men have longstanding bad habits such as smoking and alcohol abuse. Both of these habits affect the vessels (cause persistent constriction) and the neurohormonal system, contributing to a decrease in testosterone secretion.
Not all men in their forties lead a healthy lifestyle and eat well, choosing healthy foods. A sedentary lifestyle in combination with high-calorie foods, unhealthy foods and the systematic consumption of beer lead to obesity, aggravation of problems with cardiovascular disease and potency.
At the age of 40, many men have previous genital infections, which are not always completely cured, remain asymptomatic for years and affect the condition of the genitals. A sedentary (in the office) lifestyle, combined with such a dormant infection, often causes chronic inflammation of the prostate gland (prostatitis), urinary disorders and impotence.
What are the main symptoms of impotence in 40 years
All signs are divided into:
- Sexual impairment (libido)is a sign of testosterone deficiency. Normally, a 40-year-old man shouldn't have it, but perhaps this is due to hereditary characteristics or diseases. A man becomes indifferent to women. In this case, it is necessary to consult a doctor, find out the cause and be treated (everything is recoverable).
- Erectile dysfunction (erectile dysfunction), which manifests itself in the following initial symptoms: the penis is not bulky enough and hard enough; incomplete elevation angle of the penis; sexual intercourse has a shorter duration than before; it is not always possible to achieve relaxation; premature ejaculation appears; the number of spontaneous erections decreases; low potency leads to dissatisfaction with sex life; man needs medical attention.
- Violation of libido and erection in a man at the same time. Most often, such disorders develop with diabetes mellitus, obesity and prolonged alcohol abuse. Signs of complete impotence appear. But in this case, the man can be helped, you just need to see a doctor.
Degrees of power disturbances at 40
Potency disorders occur at any age. At 40 there are a bit more of them than young people. Based on severity, they are divided into:
- lungs- the first manifestations are insignificant, most men simply do not notice them, failures are rare;
- of moderate severity- violations are already evident and cause concern; poor power and frequent failures cause psychological problems; but at this stage no more than a quarter of men seek medical assistance without considering themselves ill;
- heavy- failures follow one another and lead to complete impotence; you can help these men if they go to a doctor and follow all his advice.
How to increase potency in a man after 40
The increase in potency in men after 40 years should be carried out under the supervision of a doctor. It begins with a complete examination of the man, even if he does not present any complaints, except for the reports of violation of his sexual life. If necessary, a sexologist or urologist sends him for consultation and treatment to doctors of another profile (therapist, cardiologist, endocrinologist). At the same time, the correction of power disturbances is performed.
Depending on the identified ailments and concomitant diseases, medications are prescribed, additional methods - physiotherapy, massage, therapeutic gymnastics, etc. In recent years, reflexotherapy in combination with psychotherapy has become widespread.
What drugs are prescribed in case of violation of potency after 40 years
How to increase potency in men after 40, a sexologist or urologist andrologist will tell you. Medicine has a sufficient arsenal of means to restore potency. But only a doctor can choose the right drug. Drugs to increase potency in men over 40:
- Medicines containing testosterone and increased libido - prescribed for libido disorders against the background of a decrease in testosterone secretion. This leads to an increase in sexual desire.
- Medicines of the group of phosphodiesterase enzyme type 5 (PDE-5) inhibitors. Considered the most effective treatments for erectile dysfunction. The mechanism of their action is associated with the suppression of the action of an enzyme that prevents the formation of biologically active substances involved in complex biochemical processes that provide instant expansion of the small arteries of the genital organs and blood flow to the penis with the development of an erection. But all drugs in this group act only with existing sexual arousal. In the absence of libido, they are ineffective.
- Other drug groups used to treat potency disorders in men: alpha blockers; increase the formation of nitric oxide, which is necessary for vasodilation; relaxing arterial walls synthetic analogues of prostaglandin E; help improve the functioning of the circulatory system; herbal remedies, homeopathic remedies, food supplements (food supplements) that increase potency.
Additional treatments for potency disorders
Complex treatment may include additional methods without drugs:
- physiotherapy: the individual selection of techniques depends on the patient's condition;
- massage: general and segmental massage perfectly restores blood circulation, metabolism, fills with energy;
- physiotherapy exercises (LFK): special complexes will help restore sexual function, and practicable sports will strengthen health and sexuality;
- reflexology: the impact on the reflex points of the human body can improve overall health, including sexual function;
- psychotherapy: frequent failures in bed aggravate problems with potency; after a course of psychotherapy, a man gains the confidence that he can cope with any situation.
How to improve potency after 40 without a doctor
In case of occasional small failures or if a man just wants to increase his abilities, you can use folk remedies, herbal remedies, dietary supplements (food supplements).
But, since in most cases the cause of potency disorders is a general disease, it is best to consult a doctor.
Of course, herbal decoctions and tinctures are far from such modern medicines, but they can be used to maintain potency in case of mild ailments. At the age of forty, with violations of potency, a man can use many folk remedies. But at the same time, it is important to know how they work and if any particular remedies will help with your problems.
TOP-3 folk remedies
- Fresh aloe tree leaves.It has long been used as a stimulating and restorative remedy for impotence. Today it turned out that this plant is able to accumulate zinc, which is necessary for a man's body to maintain sexual function. Tear off an aloe leaf, wash it, keep it in a dark place for a day, then take 3 cm of the leaf every day for half an hour before meals. The course of treatment is one month. Restores libido, maintains erection. Aloe is especially useful for prostate problems, as it suppresses inflammation and the growth of benign tumors.
- Nettle seeds boiled in wine.Take 100 g of fresh or dried nettle seeds, pour 500 ml of dry wine, keep over low heat for 3 - 5 minutes, then set aside, cool, filter and take 50 ml in the evening. Course - until the end of the decoction. Soothing and repairing remedy.
- Infusion of onion skin.Before going to bed, prepare a tablespoon of chopped onion peels 250 ml of boiling water in a thermos, leave overnight; the next day, take 80 ml three times a day half an hour before meals for 4-6 weeks. It improves blood circulation in the small pelvis, has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects.
Exercises to strengthen and maintain power
Several physical therapy complexes have been developed to restore and improve the sexual function of men. One of the most popular is A. Kegel's series of exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor and improve blood circulation in the small pelvis. Particular attention is paid to strengthening the pubococcygeus muscle (PCM), which supports sexual function. To feel this muscle, the boy must block the flow of urine while urinating. Muscle tension will allow LMB to be detected.
MAIN 3 basic Kegel exercises
- In a standing position, squeeze the LMB, strain it, hold it in this position for 3 seconds, then relax. Do it 10 times.
- In the supine position, do 10 quick-relax cuts of the LMB in a row, then after a short pause, repeat everything. Do it 8 times.
- Repeat the exercise lying on your stomach.
- Repeat on all fours.
Prevention of impotence after the age of 40
To prevent a decrease in potency or increase it, pills alone are not enough. A man must:
- move more, do sports; many sports are available at 40;
- get rid of excess weight;
- forget bad habits: smoke and drink regularly;
- eat well, favoring lean animal food, vegetables, fruits, cereals; fatty sea fish is useful, it can be eaten twice a week; reduce the use of fatty, fried, sweets, muffins;
- do not forget about rest, get enough sleep - this is a prerequisite for the prevention of impotence;
- get rid of frequent or prolonged stress;
- treats all diseases in a timely manner.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there safe remedies for a quick reset of the power to 40?
Yes, there is. There are many such drugs, a urologist-andrologist will help you choose the most suitable one for you to increase potency.
How does alcohol affect potency at 40?
Only systematic alcohol consumption has a negative effect on potency.
What vitamins can be taken to increase potency after 40 years?
Special vitamins are produced to maintain potency, vitamin supplements, etc. They are hired for both prevention and correction of ailments.
Potency in men after 40 may decrease slightly, but this is normal, as it is associated with the onset of age-related changes and should not bother a man. A doctor should be consulted if interruptions in sexual life recur. You shouldn't panic - all of this is handled perfectly today. It is also very important to live a healthy lifestyle, move more and eat well.